Sunday, July 24, 2011

That Look and a Lesson in Letting Go

I'm constantly amazed by the places my kids decide to put their foot down.  You know, when they choose "that" moment to exercise their independence and prove to the world that they don't need you anymore?  I'm supportive of most of their efforts.  It's tough as a parent to watch them move forward without you.  And even tougher to resist running up behind them when they stumble (metaphorically speaking, of course).   We're at the stage now that if I make a suggestion on how to accomplish a task, my son will do the opposite and I get this "look."  You know the one.  The one that says "I'm doing this just to prove you wrong," or, as it often happens, to prove me right, much to his chagrin.   When the stakes are low, I let it all slide.  After all, who will it really hurt if he wears his clothes inside out and backwards?  Or, as in the layout below, he wants to eat his ice cream IN the pool?  Sometimes you just have to let it go.


Kit Credits

Now Get Scrappin!

No comments: