Saturday, January 12, 2013

Savings Plans... Need Some Jingle in my Pocket!

I really like the idea of the 52 week savings plan a friend posted on Facebook recently.  It goes like this -
For whatever number week it is of the year, deposit that much money into an account (or jar or mattress!).  I like the concept, but the reality is money seems to get tighter for me as the year goes on.
(graphic from MissDanilu of Spring, Tx.)

So I'm doing my own take on this (yeah, imagine that, me remaking the rules!).  It's the 48 week savings plan!  Because the reality is, you're going to want to spend that money at Christmas!  And, for me, I like the idea of smaller "payments" as the year continues instead of larger ones.

Here's my updated plan with deposit dates for 2013. 

It's only $10 short of the other plan, and I can spend it at Black Friday!

It's not too late to start on either of these plans.  Key is, you gotta PLAN!

Now Get Scrappin! er I mean Savin'!



No comments: