Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Car Goes Where The Eyes Go


I just finished reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. When I started the book, I was crying by the end of the first chapter. I set it down and wasn't sure I would return...

I did. Mostly because I hate leaving things undone and having a story untold. I've only ever walked out of a movie once (Fritz the Cat) and walked away from a book (Stephen King's Pet Cemetary -and that was the last King I read for a looooooooooong time (Sorry, Stevie)). So I had to find out if there was more to this story told from the point of view of Enzo, the dog.

The story is a delight. Full of LIFE, pain, LOVE, wonderful insights and gems of wisdom - as could only be conceived and told by a dog, DEATH, injustice, failure, success and JOY.

I really enjoyed this book. And, not since Water for Elephants, have I felt compelled to recommend a book! Grab a tissue (or two) and settle in for a wonderful romp. You don't have to be a dog lover or a race car lover... just be open to enjoying a good book like you would a good Saturday matinee!

And, yes, I cried at the end, too!

Now get reading!


No comments: